How Many Activities Can Garmin Watch Store?
Are you planning on going camping or at least going to a place where you cannot sync your Garmin watch to your electronic devices? Then you might be wondering how much storage space you have on your Garmin watch for recording activities. I have researched the different storage spaces for Garmin’s watches and can answer how long you can go without syncing your device.
The average Garmin watch can hold up to 14 days of activity tracking and heart rate monitoring data. It also can hold up to 7 timed activities. The 7 timed activities can only be seen on a phone once the Garmin watch has been synced to it, though.
While the average amount of space you can hold on a Garmin watch is 14 days worth there is still a lot of fluctuation between watch models. I have done the research for the most popular Garmin watch types and have written the exact amount of storage space required for them below. Read on to learn how long your watch can go without syncing before data is lost.
The Garmin Instinct came out in 2018. It is a great product that has a lot of space. The device altogether has 16 MB of data, but it uses 3 MB of data for the basic functions of the device. If you have downloaded any extra features this will also come out of your 16 MB of data.
Let’s say, though, that you have not downloaded any extra features. On average regular activities take up 35 kB of memory an hour. This means that if you did not track any extra activities such as expertizes then your watch should be fine for 350+ hours of activities.
Now if you did not wear your watch for anything other than recorded exercises that would be a different story. A recorded exercise takes more energy. It takes roughly 50 kB of memory an hour. That means if you only put on your watch for exercise activities then you could get 260+ hours of recorded activities.
- Vastly extended battery life through solar charging.Supported Application:GPS. Connectivity technology:GPS. Wireless comm standard:Bluetooth
- Rugged GPS Watch is water-rated to 100 meters and constructed to U.S. military standard 810 for thermal, shock and water resistance
- Built-in 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter plus multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, Glonass and Galileo) track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- Track your activities for running, biking, swimming, strength and more
- Help understand your health and wellness better with all-day health monitoring and Pulse Ox (this is not a medical device and is not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical…
Garmin Fenix 6 Sapphire
The Garmin Fenix 6 Sapphire was first introduced in 2012. This makes it a relatively older model but is still a classic. Your watch has a large amount of space that you can appreciate and enjoy. The Garmin Fenix 6 Sapphire can hold up to 119 recorded exercises in it.
As for regular activities, the Garmin Fenix 6 Sapphire can hold roughly 131 hours of memory for regular day-to-day activities. This gives you plenty of time to find a device to sync your watch to.
- Fit for performance with rugged, sophisticated design that features an always-on 1.3” (18% larger than previous Fenix models) sunlight-readable display with bezels in stainless steel, titanium or…
- Enhanced estimated wrist heart rate and Pulse Ox to support advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimation at high elevations (this is not a medical device and is not intended for use in the…
- Advanced training features include PacePro for grade-adjusted pace guidance throughout your activity plus environmentally adjusted VO2 max and training status estimates
- Navigate the outdoors with preloaded topo maps, ski maps for over 2,000 worldwide ski resorts, multiple global navigation satellite system (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) support and built-in sensors for…
- Support for Garmin Pay contactless payments (not all countries and payment networks are eligible), music storage with premium streaming service (may require subscription with third-party music…
The Vivoactive 3 came out in 2017. Garmin made a special point to advertise the storage space on the Vivoactive 3. They worked hard to allow people a large amount of storage space so they could wear their Vivoactive 3 while camping, hiking, or going on any other adventure.
The Vivoactive 3 has 14 days of activity tracking and heart monitoring data. This is great for long adventures. As for recorded activities such as exercises, you can only record seven of these activities.
The Vivoactive 3 puts a limit on how many of the recorded exercises you can do because they want to make sure you have enough data for your regular day-to-day usage.
Garmin Epix (Gen 2)
The Garmin Epix (Gen 2) came out this past year. Surprisingly though it has the same amount of storage as the Garmin Instinct, which is 16 MB. The Garmin Epix (Gen 2) also uses 3 MB of data for the basic functions of the device. This means that this updated model has not really improved the storage capacity of the Garmin watch.
As stated before regular activities take up 35 kB of memory an hour. This means that if you did not track any extra activities such as expertizes then your watch should be fine for 350+ hours of activities.
Continuing, if you did not wear your watch for anything other than recorded exercises that would be a different story. A recorded exercise takes more energy. It takes roughly 50 kB of memory an hour. That means if you only put on your watch for exercise activities then you could get 260+ hours of recorded activities.
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Garmin Epix (Gen 2) Active GPS Smartwatch (2022 Model,Sapphire/Black Titanuim) with Watch Charging Base, USB Car Adapter, USB Wall Adapter, 6Ave Cleaning Kit (LCD Screen Cleaner and…
- The ULTIMATE ACTIVE SMARTWATCH: The epix is the perfect smartwatch for your athletic lifestyle, featuring 1.3” always-on, bright AMOLED display; select models feature a sapphire display and titanium…
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: Smartwatch mode battery life: up to 16 days (gesture)/up to 5 days (always-on); GPS mode battery life: up to 42 hours (gesture)/up to 30 hours (always-on)
- MONITOR YOUR HEALTH: This premium smartwatch features performance metrics, 24/7 health and wellness monitoring features deliver estimates for Pulse Ox, heart rate, respiration, stress and advanced…
- A WATCH FOR SPORTS AND ADVENTURE: Golf with CourseView maps for more than 42,000 golf courses, or take on the slopes with preloaded SkiView maps for 2,000 worldwide ski resorts. The epix has 30+…
Garmin Forerunner 745
The Garmin Forerunner 745 was released in 2020 the year of the Coronavirus Pandemic. It was perfect for everyone who had just started to commit to burning off their quarantine weight.
The Garmin Forerunner 745 was able to provide some stability in an unstable world by having the capacity to hold 200 recorded exercises along with 200 hours of regular activity. This was a great addition of space for the Garmin Forerunner 745.
- Swim, bike, run — do it all with a smartwatch that uses multiple satellite systems to accurately track your workouts
- Switch up your workout routine whenever you like with preloaded activity profiles for running, triathlon, multisport, cycling, pool swimming, track running and more
- Receive on-device run and cycling daily workout suggestions based on your current training load and vo2 max
- Get training guidance by syncing structured indoor or outdoor workouts to your device from garmin connect or other apps (when paired with a compatible smartphone), including trainingpeaks and…
- Analyze more data to help you reach your race potential, including advanced running, cycling and swimming dynamics
Garmin Forerunner 935
The Garmin Forerunner 935 came out in 2017. This makes the Garmin Forerunner 935 an older model than the Garmin Forerunner 745, but that does not mean there is not a large amount of storage space on this watch.
The Garmin Forerunner 935 can store up to 25 workouts at a time. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of storage space for regular activities on the Garmin Forerunner 935.
In fact, the Garmin Forerunner 935 can only hold 20 hours of regular activity, so if you have a Garmin Forerunner 935 make sure to sync your device frequently to avoid losing data.
- Premium GPS running/triathlon watch with wrist based heart rate; Strap material: Silicone; Smartphone compatibility: iPhone, Android, Windows.Control Method:Application.Special Feature:Smarter…
- Offers advanced running and multisport Features in a comfortable watch you can wear all day, and it only weighs 49 grams
- Provides elevation changes with a built in barometer; altimeter and electronic compass help you keep your bearings
- Evaluates your training status to indicate if you’re undertraining or overdoing it and offers additional performance monitoring Features
- Provides advanced dynamics for running, cycling and swimming, including ground contact time balance, stride length and more. Bezel Material: Fiber reinforced polymer
Garmin Forerunner 945
The Garmin Forerunner 945 came out in 2019. Storage was a large priority for the Garmin Forerunner 945. This watch has 16GB for recorded activities and 4GB set aside purely for music to be downloaded. 4GB is enough space for 1,000 songs. This means hours of music can be stored on your Garmin watch.
The device altogether has 16 MB of data, but it uses 3 MB of data for the basic functions of the device. Your watch should be fine for 350+ hours of activities or you could have 260+ hours of recorded activities with your 16MB of data. This is plenty of room for a camping trip where you will be away from wifi and signal.
- Premium GPS running/triathlon smartwatch with music
- Download songs to your watch, including playlists from Spotify, Amazon Music or Deezer (may require premium subscription with a third party music provider)
- Performance monitoring features include Vo2 Max and training status with adjustments for heat, altitude Acclimation status, training load focus, recovery time, and aerobic and anaerobic training…
- Garmin Pay contactless payment solution (available for supported cards from participating banks) lets you make convenient payments with your watch so you can leave your cash and cards at home
- Full color, onboard maps guide you on your run so you never get lost during your workout